THE ADOPTER MUST THOROUGHLY READ AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS OF ADOPTION
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ADOPTION CONTRACT (PDF FORMAT)
TERMS OF ADOPTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
The Adopter Agrees to:
· I agree to provide nutritious food, adequate shelter, care and medical attention to this animal at all times, as per the provisions of the Cruelty to Animals Section of the Criminal Code of Canada.
· I agree to have this animal spayed/neutered at or near six (6) months of age to help prevent the stray and abandoned animal crisis, or within two (2) weeks of adoption, if the animal is already of age (N/A if animal is already sterilized). Note: Ladybird Animal Sanctuary does not recommend de-clawing of cats.
· I agree to provide my veterinarian contact information if requested by Ladybird Animal Sanctuary as concerns this animal, and authorize inquiries of my Veterinarian by Ladybird Animal Sanctuary if there is any dispute as to sterilization, vaccination or other follow-up medical care having taken place.
· I agree to notify Ladybird Animal Sanctuary immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if: 1) I change my address within 6 months of the adoption date, 2) if the animal is lost or stolen at any time, or 3) becomes ill within 30 days of the adoption date.
· I agree to notify Ladybird Animal Sanctuary immediately by email at email@example.com if I am unable to keep the animal, with the understanding that Ladybird Animal Sanctuary will assist me in finding a new home, or will place the animal in temporary foster care if a new permanent home is not immediately available.
· I agree and am contractually obligated as follows: I will not place this animal elsewhere without the express permission of Ladybird Animal Sanctuary.
· I agree to accept follow-up inquiries on the status of this animal from Ladybird Animal Sanctuary volunteers, and to respond to them in a timely manner.
· Any additional monies donated above the minimum adoption donation fee are appreciated and will be applied directly to Ladybird Animal Sanctuary rescues, sterilizations and organizational efforts.
· Adoption fees are not refundable.
· Ladybird Animal Sanctuary cannot guarantee the health, temperament, or behaviour of the animal.
The Foster Parent Agrees to Follow the Instructions for Adoptions as Outlined in the Foster Parent Contract, and:
· I agree to prepare two copies of this document (the Adoption Contract), COMPLETED IN FULL, and signed by the Adopter. A copy is to be retained by the Adopter, and a copy is to be retained by the Foster Parent to be returned to Ladybird Animal Sanctuary.
· I agree to give the original spay-neuter record to the Adopter in the event that it resides with me.
· I agree to collect a non-refundable adoption fee, as advised by the Ladybird Animal Sanctuary Screening volunteer or Foster Parent Liaison.
· I agree to mail in the completed contract, adoption fees and any veterinary records I possess, if not picked up by a Ladybird Animal Sanctuary staff member. Cash is the preferred method of payment for adoptions, but should not be forwarded in the mail. The Foster Parent may retain the cash, and write a personal cheque to cover the cash fee paid by the adopter, or pass the cash fee to a Ladybird Animal Sanctuary staff member. Contracts and/or cheques can be mailed to:
Ladybird Animal Sanctuary
P.O. Box 80005 RPO Concession